September 20, 2007

Living By Their Own Rules

In the September 3rd edition of TIME Magazine, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg delivers a quote about how he will not run for President. It caught my eye because this is exactly the type of man we need in the White House. How ironic. The quote reads: "Nobody's going to elect me President of the United States. What I'd like to do is to be able to influence the dialogue. I'm a citizen."

Mayor Bloomberg is a citizen. President Bush is a citizen. All these people in so-called power are citizens of the United States and are under the same laws as we are. So, why are they keeping us hidden from this decision-making process? Why can't these people talk to us like human-beings, on the same level? These people in power are in their big Congress buildings in their fancy chairs, and not listening to us because they're not trying to.

What I'd love to see is some ordinary guy off the street be able to go into Congress and speak his mind and actually have it mean something.

Mayor Bloomberg has the right idea; he's a citizen and knows that the dialogue process is flawed. I don't know about you, but... Bloomberg '08!

No comments: